ASSUMPTION OF DUTY OF NEW ASSISTANT INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE, ZONE 5 COMMAND HEADQUARTERS, BENIN CITY.
Zone 5 Command Headquarters, Benin City wishes to inform the general public and the people of Delta and Edo States that a new Assistant Inspector-General of Police has been deployed to the Zone which comprises Delta and Edo State Police Commands. He is AIG. AHMAD ABDURRAHMAN, mni and has since assumed duty on 16th December, 2021, after taking over from AIG ISAAC O. AKINMOYEDE, psc, fdc, MNIM who has been redeployed to Zone 9, Umuahia.
2. AIG. Ahmad AbdurRahman, mni was born in Kuru, Jos, Plateau State. He hails from Bulakko in Kirfi Local Government Area of Bauchi State. He attended LEA Primary School, Kuru and Government Secondary School, Shendam. He obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree, B.Sc (Hons) in Political Science and Administration from the University of Sokoto in 1988. A post graduate certificate in Corruption Studies from the University of Hong Kong. He holds Masters degree in Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies; another Masters degree in Criminal Justice, both from the Kaduna State University. He also holds a Masters in Philosophy degree in Defence and Security Studies (DSS) from the Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna. A Doctorate degree in Peace, Conflict and Development Studies, (Ph.D in view) from Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
3. AIG. Ahmad AbdurRahman, mni joined the Nigeria Police Academy on 3rd March, 1990 as a Cadet Officer. He was commissioned as Assistant Superintendent of Police and deployed to Oyo State Police Command in 1991.
4. The AIG has held several appointments which include: Police Public Relations Officer, Plateau State Command; Detective at Force Intelligence and Investigation Bureau (FIIB); O/C Crime section, Zonal Intelligence Bureau, ZIB Kano; Chief Security Officer to IGP Ibrahim Coomasie, mni (Rtd); he also served at the United Nations Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Admin Officer “C” Department, (Logistics and Supply), Force Headquarters, Abuja. Commanding Officer, Police Mobile Force 6 PMF Squadron, Maiduguri; 2i/c Operations and later 2i/c State CID, Benue Command Headquarters, Makurdi. Staff Officer Training, Dept. Of Training, FHQ, Abuja, 2i/c Head of Operations, Lagos and Abuja; Head, Economic Governance Section (Federal), Head, Counter- Terrorism and General Investigation, Abuja and later Deputy Director Operations, all at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) Headquarters in Abuja.
O/C State CID, Ogun State Command; ACP Operations, Kaduna State Command; Deputy Commandant, Nigeria Police College, Kaduna. DC Operations, Kaduna State Command. Commissioner of Police, Special Fraud Unit, FCID, FHQ, Abuja; Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State Command; CP. Bayelsa State Command. CP. Kaduna State Command; CP. Force Intelligence Bureau, FHQ, Abuja and Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command before being nominated for the Senior Executive Course at NIPPS where he was promoted to the prestigious rank of an Assistant Inspector-General of Police on 3rd February, 2021.
5. In the course of his career, the AIG has attended so many professional courses both home and abroad. These include an International Certificate in Drug Awareness and Intelligence from the International Police Task Force under UNMIBH, Bosnia and Herzegovina, International Certificate in Better Governance and Anti-Corruption Policy from the Civil Service College, Singapore, an International Certificate in Intelligence-Led Policing organized by the International Association of Chiefs of Police in Chicago, U.S.A. An International Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation and Technology from the Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, U.S.A, International Certificate in United Nations Police Peace-keeping operations from the Norwegian Police University, Norway and another International Certificate in Special Investigation on Specific Criminal Cases from the International Law Academy, Volgograd, Russia.
Finally, he attended the highest think tank of the Nation – the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos as a distinguished participant of the Senior Executive Course (SEC 43-2021) and graduated with the prestigious award of mni.
6. AIG Ahmad AbdurRahman, mni is a fellow of so many professional bodies and holder of many UN medals in Peace-keeping operations.
He is married and blessed with children, well travelled and has visited forty seven (47) countries across the continents.
His hobbies include: Football, cycling; traveling; reading and debating.
7. The AIG Zone 5 wishes to solicit for the cooperation of the good people of the Zone, to assist the Police with useful and timely information that will enhance in checkmating crimes and criminality in the entire Zone.